Are you facing an error like this? After you have updated your iphone/ iPad to iOS 11 or the latest iOS 12.
Unable to complete Touch ID setup. Please go back and try again
Well, this error is a popup on your screen when you are trying to set fingerprint to your iphone or iPad.
If you’ve already tried setting up Touch ID on your iPad or iPhone and it doesn’t give you the option to complete setup or won’t let you scan your fingerprint, then keep reading our Article. We mention some proved method which you find helpful.
How to Fix Touch ID Problems?
Don’t get upset! Many people have solved “Unable to complete Touch ID setup’ error smoothly. We are trying to fix this issue using five methods. So pick your Iphone or Ipad and try all methods with us. Let’s go
Note: Skip down the next section if you are unable to activate your Touch ID.
- 1 5 Ways to Solve the Error [Unable to complete Touch ID setup iOS 11, iOS 12 ]
5 Ways to Solve the Error [Unable to complete Touch ID setup iOS 11, iOS 12 ]
Here are the five magical ways to do it:
- Update software on your Iphone or Ipad.
- Hard reboot your device.
- Adjust Touch ID settings
- Dry and Clean your finger and try again.
- Try another finger.
Solution 1: Update software on your device
Old version iOS has buggy issues. To avoid bug issues from the iphone developer keeps working on iOS updates. That’s why Apple try to resolve error through updates.
So if you face errors like “Unable to complete Touch ID setup” on your Ipad or Iphone, then updating the device is the best option.
- Pick your iPhone and go to the setting.
- Follow the root General> Software update.
- After clicking on Software update. If there is any new software update, then install it.
- Follow the screen instruction and boom! You have done it.
Restart your device and try to add Touch ID again. I hope it will work.
Solution 2: Restart Your Device Manually
Restarting the device is the solution to many problems. You can fix many technical issues on your Iphone by just restarting. Plus, this procedure never hurt your Iphone or Ipad.
Furthermore, you should also perform a force restart on your iPhone if “Unable to complete Touch ID setup” error popup on your iPhone screen. Let’s solve your problem using the Hard Reboot Method.
- Follow the following steps if you are the user of the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone X.
- Press and immediately release the Vol Up button,
- Press and immediately release the Vol Down button, next
- Press and hold the Side button. Release the button if the Apple logo appears.
- Follow the following steps If you are the user of the iPhone 7 or iPhone plus.
Press and hold the slide and vol down button for the ten-second and release button when the Apple logo appears.
- Follow the following root if you are the user of the iPhone 6 and earlier iPad.
Press and hold the Home and slide button for ten seconds. Release the button after the Apple logo appears.
If the error doesn’t fix, then jump to the next method.
Solution 3:Adjust Touch ID settings.
If you are still encountering the same problem, then keep reading because this method is beneficial for you. Let’s start.
- Pick up your iPhone and follow the way. Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, then. Type your password.
- Now turn off both options. iPhone Unlock and iTunes & App Store.
- Restart your device.
- After this procedure, go back to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, then again type your password.
- Now Turn on both options. iPhone Unlock and iTunes & App Store.
Now try the Touch ID setup process, and it should be running well.
Solution 4: Dry and Clean your finger and try again.
We all have known Touch ID will not be running if there is something liquid, sweet, or a tiny bit of water on our finger or your Home button because it can interrupt the fingerprint reader. So you can use a lint-free cloth to dry your finger and Home Screen.
Plus, if you cover your iPhone with case and using a screen protector. Try to don’t cover your iPhone Home button. Otherwise, Touch ID will not be working.
Solution 5: Try another finger.
If you are still facing trouble on Touch ID set up, then you can fix your problem by trying another finger. But the question comes to mind how I add or try another finger to my iphone? Don’t worry! Let’s highlight how you add another finger to your iphone or iPad.
- Pick up your iPhone and follow the way. Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, then type your password.
Note: But keep in mind if you have already had add five fingers as your Touch ID, then you will be unable to add another finger. If you want to enroll a new thumb, then you will need to delete previously one or more prints.
- Click on Add a Finger option but first Turn Passcode Off.
- Now follow the on-screen guidance and reset your finger on the home button repeatedly and then click on continue and finish Touch ID setup.
Boom! You have successfully added another finger to your iPhone or iPad.
We hope you will find all the methods valuable. If you have any idea or any puzzle on your mind, then leave a message in the comment box.