Have you bought the Hyperx cloud 2? We all know Hyperx cloud 2 is very common for gaming. You purchased this Hyperx cloud 2 mic to talk to people. Hyperx cloud 2 mic is famous for its memory foam cushions, noise cancellation, which gives an unforgettable experience of gaming. But now, due to some problems, your mic is not working correctly in windows 10. After the windows 10 update, this issue has been reported by many users.
So if your Hyperx cloud 2 mic has stopped working, then you are not alone. If you are wondering that you have wasted your money on buying Hyperx cloud 2 mic, so keep patience and give a read to this article. We guarantee you that after following our solutions, your mic will be back on track, and you won’t regret buying it.
Best Methods to solve Hyperx cloud 2 mics in windows 10:
Here is the list of the solutions which will help you to fix your Hyperx cloud 2 mics:
- Try basic troubleshooting
- Have a look at the sound setting
- Update the sound drivers
- Open Microphone privacy setting
Step 1: Try basic troubleshooting:
Before getting in advance stuff, you can run Windows built-in troubleshooter to check the error.
To run troubleshooter, you have to follow these steps:
- Right-click on the speaker iconfrom the taskbar.
- Then select Troubleshoot Sound Problems from the pop-up menu.
- After clicking the Troubleshoot setting, windows will troubleshoot and give you a list of errors.
- After fixing the error, restart your PC and check your mic.
The other thing you must check is that whether your Hyperx Cloud mic 2 may be muted or not inserted correctly. If you are using the USB cable, make sure that it is connected properly. If still, you have the same error, try inserting in other ports or use a 3.5 mm audio jack.
Is this troubleshooting helped you? Good for you. If not, then carry on to the next step…
Step 2: Have a look at the sound setting:
If, after troubleshooting, your mic hasn’t started working, then maybe your Hyperx Cloud 2 mic is disabled, or it is not set-as default. To enable and set your mic as default, you need to follow these step :
- Open Control panel. To open the control panel, press the Windows logo key and type control panel and press Enter.
- Once the Contol panel is open, select Hardware and Sound.
- Go to Playback to check if the dongle is available for the default devices.
- Click on the Recording tab. Then Right-click on any empty side and select Show disabled devices.
- If your Hyperx Cloud 2 mic is disabled, then it will be shown on the list.
- Right-click on the Headset Microphone and select Enable.
- Now when you have enabled your mic, select Set default and click OK to apply the new settings.
Now that you have enabled your headset’s microphone and set as default. Test your microphone if it works, then you have fixed your problem. If not, buckle up and go to the next step.
Step 3: Update the sound drivers:
The reason behind your mic still not working could be the sound drivers, which can be outdated or incompatible with your PC.
To update your PC driver, follow the following steps:
- First of all, you need to insert a driver’s DVD or USB.
- Got Device Manager and double-clicked Audio inputs and outputs to extend the list.
- Right-click on the driver associated with you Hyperx Cloud 2 mic, and click update driver.
- The windows will give you two options to update your driver. Select Search automatically. Windows will search automatically for the driver from inserted USB or DVD, and your drivers will be updated in a while.
After updating your drivers restart your PC and check your Hyperx Cloud 2 mic is working without any issue. If not, you need to have a look at the next step.
Step 4: Open Microphone privacy setting:
To open the microphone setting, you have to:
- Go to the Cortana search box.
- Type Microphone privacy settings.
- Select a Microphone privacy setting to open the setting preview.
- Have a look at the Let the apps use my Microphone setting is “On.”
- Choose the apps you want to use the microphone.
Sometimes there is no issue in your mic or your hardware’s setting. The problem is in the app you are using instead. Check the app or game’s sound setting you are using and see whether the mic setting is turned on or not. We hope this might fix your mic.
Hyperx Cloud 2 mic is a remarkable piece of engineering. Its mic is detachable and cancels the surrounding noises, making your voice clear, loud, and bearable.
To fix your Hyperx Cloud 2 mic not working, you can follow the above mention solutions. After following the answers, your problem will be corrected, and your mic will be good to go.
Also Read: Best Website to Find Dual Monitor Wallpapers
FAQs: Read about more issues on Hyperx Cloud Mic 2
Q 1: Why Hyperx Cloud 2 mic not working?
A: Your Hyperx Cloud 2 mic may not be working because it may be disabled or not set as default.
Q2: How do I fix the Hyperx Cloud Alpha microphone?
A: Check the microphone setting, whether the volume will be too low or turned down. In the majority cases, the microphone is disabled or muted.
Q3: How do I turn my Hyperx Cloud 2 mic on?
A: First of all, ensure that your microphone is connected to your Pc then check if it is enabled and make sure it is not muted.