Imagine- it’s your holiday, you are watching your favourite movie on your laptop with coffee in one hand, and you are watching it without any interruption. You think nothing can ruin your holiday, and suddenly your laptop is disconnected from wifi. You are shocked that your adapter\modem is connected, but your laptop keeps disconnecting.
Well, if you are using Windows 10 and your wifi gets slow or keeps disconnecting from your laptop, then you are not alone. This problem is widespread, and it can be solved quickly. Just read the article, and it will help you with your problem.
Also read: Which Windows 10 Is Best For Gaming In 2020
Now, let’s have a look at the solutions. There are basics 4 solutions; you may not need to try them all but try them out and see which one works for you.
Four easy steps to solve disconnecting of the wifi from the laptop in windows 10:
The 4 solutions which can help you out are:
- Step 1: Make sure the Wireless button is enabled.
- Step 2: Update Wireless Adapter Driver.
- Step 3: Check and Reset Hardware Settings.
- Step 4: Refresh Windows 10.
Before getting things started, we would recommend running automatic troubleshooting; this is how you can run Auto Network Troubleshooter.
- Press the Windows logo + X and select settings from the menu.
- In the search box of setting, type Troubleshoot.
- Select Troubleshoot Network.
- Under the Internet Connections, select Run Troubleshooter.
- Troubleshoot will give you two options: Click on Troubleshoot my connection to the internet.
- When the auto troubleshooter ends, it will give you a definite error. Now you know where the error was, and you can fix this error.
Step 1: Make sure the Wireless button is enabled.
Most of the laptops have a wireless button or a key on the keyboard, so you can turn on and off wireless signals easily.
- First of all, make sure that the wireless button is enabled.
- If the wireless button or key does not have a light, then go to the wireless connection icon in the taskbar to check the current status of your internet connection.
- If the wireless signal is turned on, then connect to the internet connection.
- If the wireless signal is turned off, then press the wireless signal’s button or key to turn it back on and then try to connect to the internet connection.
Read our latest guide: How To Fix System Thread Exception Not Handled In Windows 10
If the problem still continues to follow step 2:
Step 2: Update Wireless Adapter Driver:
To update the driver, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, insert a DVD or USB which have drivers.
- In the Windows search bar, search Device Manager.
- Click on Device Manager, from the list, click Network Adaptors. It will show you the network adapter you have.
- Right-click on the network adaptor’s name and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software. It will search and install drivers from the connected USB or DVD.
We are sure that after completing step 2 your problem will be solved. If your laptop wifi still drops out, go to step 3.
Step3: Check and Reset Hardware Setting:
Resetting your hardware on your wireless network can help you in the betterment of the performance of your connection.
- Fist of all, you need to turn your computer off.
- Unplug the power cords from your wireless router\modem if you have a separate broadband modem unplug its power cord too.
- After 5 or 10 seconds, plug in the power cords of wireless modem\router or broadband modem and wait for all the lights to get on.
- All light should be on. But if the only power light is on and the Internet light starts blinking, then you may have a problem with your ISP. Contact them, and they will help you.
- If the only Power light is on and all other light is off, then make sure that the cable carrying internet connection to your place is not damaged or distorted.
- Turn on your laptop and wait for the windows to connect automatically to your wireless internet connection.
- If it doesn’t connect automatically then, click on the wireless connection icon on the taskbar, then select the name of your connection and click Connect.
- If you are connection is secured, a new window will appear, enter your password and click ok.
After all these steps, if your laptop still keeps disconnecting, there is only one solution left for it then.
Step 4: Refresh Windows 10:
If nothing works out for you, then there is only hope left for you is to reinstall windows 10. it will help you to get back to the default settings and to the time when network drivers were working fine.
To reinstall Windows 10, you have to follow the basics step.
- Insert DVD or USB having bootable windows on it.
- Restart your laptop.
- While restarting your PC, Press keys such as Enter, F12, F2 to go boot menu.
- When you are on the boot menu, follow the instructions and click on your desired options, and you will be able to reinstall windows.
Don’t miss out recent guide: Your system has run out of application memory(Fix with Proven methods)
The laptop keeps losing wifi in windows 10 is a common problem nowadays. You should follow the steps mentioned above. It will help you, and you will not face the same problem again. That’s Guaranteed!
Q1: Why my Hp pavilion x360 keeps disconnecting from wifi?
A: To prevent the laptop from disconnecting from wifi, you must follow these steps :
- Make sure the Wireless button is enabled.
- Update Wireless Adapter Driver.
- Check and Reset Hardware Settings.
- Reinstall Windows 10.
Q2: Why does my WiFi keep disconnecting on my laptop Windows 10?
A: The most common reason behind your laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi is Network Adapter Driver incompatibility. To solve this issue, you must consider updating your network adapter driver.
Q3: Why does my work laptop keep disconnecting from WiFi?
A: First thing to check is your network setting. make sure that everything is turned on, and you have entered the right password and name of your work network. Second, check that you are sitting in the range of the signals of your wireless network.