The user experiences the following error“The specified network name is no longer available.” when trying to access shared resources. I know this type of error ruins your work environment. The users often encounter errors when they ‘re striving to reach the NAS drive.
- 1 |Fixed| “The specified network name is no longer available.”
|Fixed| “The specified network name is no longer available.”
Sometimes, it might be possible for some users to access the drive, but they will see the same issue when undertaking to sync the offline files from the NAS. However, The good point is this error is understandable. Just follow the above way and congrats you’re done.
Method 1: Disable antivirus in your Pc for temporarily
By disabling antivirus, you can fix this error because some times Antivirus software may block you from reaching shared resources.
If you are installed, Nod 32 Antivurs in your Pc, then disable it for a while because Nod 32 is the main reason for the error“The specified network name is no longer available.” Furthermore, if your Antivirus is not creating the issue, then disable your real-time scanning network. In my experience, these two things creating problems in your PC. You should need to disable both software temporarily.
I hope, After disabling the antivirus, the error will resolve, but it persists then jump to the next method
Also, Check: Best Antivirus for Android 2019 [Anti-malware Apps]
Warning: But keep in mind when you disable Antivirus, carefully open email and files because it might be possible these files spread virus on your PC.
Method 2: Enable SMB 1.0
Many users have informed that they are facing the issue after downloading the latest version of the Fall creator and window server(version 1709″RS3″) in window 10. Then it might be possible the error caused by SMB 1.0. But the question is:
What is SMB?
SMB is Server Message Block is the one version in computer networking. It is well noted for its common internet files system. In simple words, it is a network communication protocol for providing shared access to printers, ports, and files. Plus, it also gives a verified inter-process communication mechanism.
So, In the latest window, 10 updates, The SMB version is not installed by default. It means that any device that holds SMB version 1 will generate this problem for you. Because Microsoft clearly stated that all the devices facing the error who supports SMB version 1 would provoke a mistake and the error you’re facing is one from those error messages.
So enabling the SMB 1.0 from the control panel will fix your problem. To do this, let’s dive into the steps.
1) The first step is type windows feature into the search box, then click on Turn Windows features on or off option.
2) Windows screen will pop up to your windows. Scroll down and select SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support. Tick the box next to it, then click OK.
3) When prompted, Windows finished the requested changes, then Click Restart Now.
Now Restart your computer and Check your Pc for error. We hope the error has gone, but if the error continues, then attempt the next method.
Method 3: Enable services Computer Browser, Server & Workstation
If your computer browser, work station, and server don’t work correctly, then it might be possible you’re getting the error “The specified network name is no longer available.”
Before we solve this error, let’s know a little bit about the computer browser, Server, and Workstation.
- Computer Browser:
This service controlled the updated list on your computer and supplied this list to the computer to assigned as the browser. You won’t be updated or maintained if this service stop working.
This service print and support file on your computer. Plus, it controls named pipe sharing over the network for the computer. If this service stops working, then these functions won’t be available, and you’re facing different errors.
The workstation is smart to create and maintains the client network connection to remote service utilizing the SMB protocol. These connections will be unavailable if workstation service stops serving.
Are you ready to configure the service to run automatically? Let’s go.
1) Take your keyboard and press window key + R at the same time a Dialog box will appear to your screen.
2) Type services.msc on the search bar then Enter.
3) Double click Computer Browser, Select startup type to Automatic under the General tab.
4) Now double click Server. Choose the startup type to Automatic, then click Start under the General tab then click OK to continue.
5) Now double click Workstation. Select the startup type to Automatic and then click Start under the General tab then click OK to proceed.
6) Restart your Pc and check for error. We’re pretty sure that the error has gone. If you’re still getting the error, then check out the next method.
Method 4: Map the network drive using IP address
Are you try out all the techniques but still looking for the best solution? Ok, we get you. Try to map the drive by using the IP address rather than the computer name. To fullfill this task, follow the below steps.
1) Open File Explorer and locate This PC.
2) Click Computer then move the cursor to Map Network Drive.
3) Select a drive letter from the drop-down menu under the Drive section.
4) In the Folder section, register the address of the shared folder which you want to open, the address would be similar to \\IP address\share folder.
5) Click Finish to end the procedure.
You may also like:[Updated]How to view crash logs in Windows 10 |Quick & Easy|
I hope you have acquired a clear idea about the error “The specified network name is no longer available.”.If you have any questions in your mind, then you’re warmly greeted. Also, share your opinions in the comment section.