But one question comes to mind how to disable Microsoft compatibility telemetry in Windows 10? Before we start, let’s know about what is Microsoft compatibility telemetry.
What is Windows 10 Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry?
Generally, Windows compatibility telemetry is the service of windows based on the operating system, which sends the technical data to Microsoft.
After this procedure, Microsoft gets all the information from user computers and use this all information to improve its services along with windows services and enhance the user experience and to keep the window safe. List of different function which performs Windows Compatability Telemetry.
- Improve system performance.
- Keep the window safe and reliable.
- Secure computer from virus attacks.
- Improve their work and compatibility.
- Upgrade window ten according to what the user wants.
- Allow personalizing the engagement surface of windows.
Level of Telemetry :
We have perceived well that what the Windows compatibility telemetry does. Let’s talk about its different levels. Basically, there is a total of 4 levels.
In first security, level window collects information and secure windows from different threads. This telemetry data is stored and available in the Windows 10. Windows IoT Core, Enterprise, Windows 10 Education editions only.
In the Basic level, you will find only a minimum set of data that is needed to understand the device and to recognize its problems.
In an enhanced level, Microsoft compatibility telemetry helps the Microsoft with improvement for user experience. Additionally in this level tells the user how it uses the window and its different feature
The last( full )level telemetry collects all data and information and sends it to the Windows developers. Moreover, fix various bugs and helps Microsoft to improve user proficiency.
How to Fix Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry in Windows 10?
As we know, Microsoft added Microsoft compatibility telemetry in window 10 to enhance user experience and secure data.
But the question is Does Microsoft spy our data? The answer is lovely, and straightforward is NO. Because Microsoft clearly stated that this feature collects user data to improve user experience.
But there is one disadvantage that comes with up that this feature gains a lot of disk space. If you don’t want to share your disk space with any software, then you disable Microsoft compatibility telemetry. Let’s have a peek in different methods.
Solution I: Using Command Prompt
You can disable windows telemetry by using the command prompt method. You can type given commands in the CMD window and press enter after every command. Follow the given points.
- Press the window icon + R. Dialog box appears. Type cmd and press enter.
- Right-click on command prompt window and select Run as administration option.
- Now Enter the following commands.Hit thumbs on Enter after every command.
- sc delete DiagTrack
- sc delete dmwappushservice
- echo ““ > C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs\AutoLogger\AutoLogger-DiagTrack-Listener.etl
- red add “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection”/v AllowTelemtery/t REG_DWORD/d 0 /f.
Solution II: Using Registry Editor
Using Registry Editor, you can also disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10. So follow the given points and turn off Microsoft compatibility telemetry in window ten home.
- : Open the Registry Editor and write regedit in the Run window.
- Go to the below-given key.
- So after following a different procedure, create a new DWORD of 32 bits and name it as AllowTelemetry and then set it a 0 value. After completing this step, you can turn off Microsoft compatibility telemetry in window ten home. .you have to need to create the key if there is no key.
- You also require to disable the Connected User Experience and Telemetry services.
- To perform step no. 3, run services.msc from the run window and then find the above-given option.
- Open “Connected User Experience and Telemetry Service” and choose to disable from the Startup type option.
By following the given command, you can also turn off window telemetry by joining window power shell.
- stop-service diagtrack
- set-service diagtrack –startup type disabled
Solution III: Through Diagnostics Tracking Service
As we know that Microsoft enables this feature to enhance user experience and improve window 10 .but if you don’t want this feature, you killed this feature.let’s highlight the method of how we disable Microsoft compatibility telemetry in window 10.
- Click on the power button, locate the services desktop app.
In the services list, searched for Diagnostics Tracking Service. Click to open the Property Sheet of the same.
- In the Property window, click on the General tab, and click on Disable.
- Click on the Apply option and then OK.
I hope you try all these steps and clean your disk space. Let’s discover one more method.
Solution IV: Remove it From the Task Scheduler
The compattelrunner.exe Microsoft compatibility telemetry issue faces many windows 10 users, but he doesn’t know how to fix and free disk space in Windows, and so one can put a stop on the malware like the behavior of the compattelrunner.exe file.
The solution to this issue is you can remove the data from the Task Scheduler.
Now follow the given path.
- Open Task Scheduler and follow the given path.
- Task Scheduler Library> Microsoft> Windows> Application Experience
- In the folder that opens, now disable all the three tasks displayed.
- Now open the Task Scheduler Library and then click on Microsoft> Windows> Customer Experience Improvement Program
- In this part, also you need to disable all the three options given.
You can apply this process to all versions of window 10. You can use the above method for fixing your problem, but it doesn’t work smoothly than one tool helps you and fix your problems.
Here we are talking about Reimage Plus. Let’s know a little bit about Reimage Plus and trying to understand how it helps the computer user.
Reimage Plus :
This software is famous for fixing different errors on the computer. Furthermore, it protected user data from getting lost. Reimage Plus is additionally used for optimized and boosts the network, and Moreover Reimage Plus also diagnose your damaged PC
How to Download and Use Reimage Plus:
- Download Reimage Plus from its official website.
- Install and scan a full PC.
- Fix and debug all problems.
Every window 10 users know that window 10 is advanced and user-friendly. Sometimes it features creates a little bit problem like Microsoft compatibility telemetry issue. We hope after reading our article, you have tried the given procedure step by step. Comment below if you face any problem in the above steps.