Slow internet is the most frustrating thing to experience while using the internet. Most window 10 users get a slow internet issue after upgrading window 10.
We all have use window 10 in our laptop, PC for along time, Uptill now we have been visiting many websites, but after some time we realize that our internet speed is becoming slow.
If you’re thinking how to increase download speed in Chrome or while playing games, or you’re perplexed about how to increase download speed on Xbox, then sit back and start your journey with us because we give you some killer tips which solve your problem!
Before we start our journey, I want to say that your internet connection speed mainly depends on your broadband and what type of connection you use. Make sure that your internet provider gives you proper internet speed. If you have limited bandwidth, then I recommend you change your bandwidth or internet service provider.
- 1 How to Increase Download Speed on Windows 10?
- 1.1 Solution I- Enable the Limit Reservable Bandwidth
- 1.2 Solution II- Flush DNS Cache and Empty the TEMP Folder.
- 1.3 Solution III- Turn Off the Updates Delivery
- 1.4 Solution IV- Change the DNS Server
- 1.5 Solution V- Turn off The Background Apps
How to Increase Download Speed on Windows 10?
Windows 10 is an advanced version of the window after win 7,8 and 8.1. We all know window 10 uses more internet than others. This is because in window 10 there are lots of features used in an internet connection to keep data up to date in the background.
Solution I- Enable the Limit Reservable Bandwidth
Do you know Windows 10 uses 80% brandwidth and leaving only 20% for internal use? And after this, you do not use your entire speed of the internet! Sound creepy, right!
But the question is how to increase download speed in win 10. Ok, we get you. Try these steps, which boost your internet speed.
Step 1: Click on the Start button. Hold windows icon key + Alt together and Run dialog box appears
Step 2: Type “gpedit” and click enter or ok.
Step :3 Now, the Group Policy Editor is open. This tool is considered a powerful tool because, with some simple tweaks, your system breaks and makeup.
Step 4: Follow the Given Path.
Computer>> Configuration>> Administrative Templates>> Network>> QoS Packet Scheduler.
Step 5: From the right side, you see the option “Limit reservable bandwidth.”Right-click on this option for edit.
Step 6: Now, from the top left side, you notice three options as Enabled, Disabled, and Non-Configured. Check the Enabled option and then set the value of the Bandwidth limit from 80% to 0%. And click on, OK.
Solution II- Flush DNS Cache and Empty the TEMP Folder.
Have you ever try for how to increase download speed in chrome? Or how to increase download speed in window 10?
If you haven’t tried, then stay with us because we will try to do and applied different methods to fix it. One of the best ways which boost your internet speed is this. Follow the given step.
- Right-click on the start button. Left-click on the “Window PowerShell” (admin) option.
- “Window PowerShell” Dialog box appears. Click on Yes.
- Now, the Command Prompt (Administrator) window will open, write the following command, and press Enter.
- Type this command ipconfig /flushdns, and your cache will clear.
- Close command prompt.
Open Dialog box By Holding Window Icon + R write %TEMP% and click OK or press Enter.
- Now in the TEMP folder, press Ctrl+ A together to select all the content.
- Right-click on any of the selected content and then choose Delete.
- DELETE all files and return to the window.
- Restart your PC.
Solution III- Turn Off the Updates Delivery
There is nothing worse than slow internet while playing games. Many gamers are asking a question like how to increase download speed on PS4 or how to increase internet speed using cmd.
So we give you a solution which boosts your steam speed in Windows 10. Follow the easy steps.
- Click on the power button and open the start menu.
- Locate the setting option just above the power option.
- Now find the update and security option. You can identify this option at the bottom of the window
- In the Next Step, choose the Advanced option.
- On the next page, click on the “Choose how updates are delivered” link. And turn this option off.
When you disable the Update Delivery Optimization of Windows, you won’t have to look for methods for how to make downloads faster on PS4.
Solution IV- Change the DNS Server
Do you know to change the server of DNS impact our internet speed? If you don’t know about this magic, then keep reading and follow the given route.
- Open network sharing center.
- Now change the adapter setting from the pane of the left side.
- Select the option which you are using presently.
- A small box will open with more details.
- Locate the Properties option and click on it.
Now a list of checkboxes will appear to find internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPV4). Select its box and find properties below at the right corner.
In the second box, you find two options. Click on “Use the following DNS server addresses” and stay away from the “Obtain DNS server automatically” option.
After turning on the second option enter the following DNS address
- 22.214.171.124 (Preferred DNS Server)
- 126.96.36.199 (Alternate DNS Server)
When you have done the given procedure. Restart your modem and enjoy your fast internet. Your steam speed boosts effectively, and you will find the answer to your question of how to increase download speed in win 10.
Solution V- Turn off The Background Apps
In window 10 many apps keep on running in the background. They share your brandwidth as well and slow your internet speed a bit so.
Most of the time, many apps have no use, so it becomes imperative to quit them all.
you turn off the background apps by following these steps
- Go to the setting.
- Click on the second last option, “privacy.”
- Now click on the “background apps.”
- Turn off background apps.
There are many methods which increase your internet speed like
- Uninstall optimization software.
- Change window, driver.
- Deactivate the window firewall.
- Clear cache and cookies.
- Switch off the Router and restart after 10 seconds.
In the above article, we mentioned some best solution which boosts your internet speed in window 10. leave your opinion and shares your views in the comment section. If you have any questions, ask in the comment section.