When you are trying to merge multiple files into one PDF, then error pop-up to your computer screen like“Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server. To be honest with you, this type of message is a frustrating thing to experience.
After this error, your computer stuck and stop processing. The other bad thing is you are unable to kill the program via task manager. The one way in which you kill this error by shut downing the computer. But this is not the best solution. Let’s highlight why this message pops up to your computer screen.
Why this message pops up to your computer screen.
- When the user tries to merge multiple files into a single PDF.
- Sometimes the application is not launched correctly or some missing files.
- Sometimes problems occur in the registry of Acrobat software.
Quickly fix Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE Server.
Don’t be panic! With some easy steps, you can fix this problem in a few moments. Here we discuss some quick and straightforward methods for fixing the below issue. Are you ready? Let’s go.
- Restart your Acrobat software completely.
- Repair your Acrobat software installation.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus.
- Update your Acrobat software.
Solution 1: Restart your Acrobat Software Completely
“Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server” error generally happens when your Acrobat software is not working correctly. Follow the given root to Restart your Acrobat software completely.
- Hold the Ctrl, Shift, and Esc keys on your keyboard at the same time to open Task Manager.
- Close all tasks linked to Adobe Acrobat. ( you can perform this action by clicking each of them).
- Now open the Acrobats software to see the error is fixed or not.
- Hopefully, it is. But if not, Jump to the next method.
Solution 2: Repair your Acrobat Software Installation
Sometimes this error occurs when your Acrobats files are damaged or corrupted. You can fix this issue through the repair option. Follow the quickstep to find out the solution.
- Press the Win logo key and R on your keyboard to Run dialog box.
- Now write “control” in the Dialog search and press Enter to open Control Panel.
- Choose Large icons from the View by drop-down menu.
- Select Programs and Features.
- Right-click on Acrobat software, then click Change.
- Click on the Repair option and jump to the Next Step.
- Wait a little bit for the repair process to complete, Click Finish. Boom! The setup has successfully installed in your Pc. Click Finish to exit setup.
Extra Tip: If you are facing the following error on your laptop/notebook or the computer, then use Reimage plus. This software is famous for fixing the different error and repair corrupt files on the computer. Furthermore, it protected user data from getting lost. Reimage Plus is additionally used for optimized and boosts the network, Moreover, Reimage Plus also diagnoses your damaged PC. You can download Reimage Plus by Clicking Here
Solution 3: Temporarily disable your antivirus
Many time Antivirus software interface in your Pc for checking different malware in you PC as a result of some times the error “acrobats failed to send a DDE command “ pops up to your display.
When the user wants to merge specific files into one file, Same in the case when you are trying to copy all data files into one single point, then this process is blocked by Antivirus.
So, you can resolve this issue by disabling your computer Antivirus. Open Antivirus and change setting about Acrobats. If it does not work, then install another Antivirus.
Extra Tip: But keep in mind when you disable Antivirus, carefully open Emails, or what files you download from the internet because your system is at risk.
Solution 4: Update your Acrobat Software
According to Acrobat official. The user can fix this issue by updating Acrobat software. If you are using an old version of Acrobat, then without wasting a second click on the official Adobe website link and download it on your PC.
Pro Tip: developers close acrobat 11, then this means you will be not able to use support or runtime distribution. Don’t be panic. You should try Adobe Acrobat DC.
We hope all methods work well. But if the above techniques have not resolved your issue, then use Reimage Plus because it can fix and repair your system in a few moments. If you face any difficulty in the given Article, then mention your thoughts in the comment section.