Are you addicted to outdoor events and camping? Then you must be in need of the best small size generator that you can use to have a great experience with your friends.
In this discussion, we made a list of the best 8 small size generators for outdoor use, which are also very portable and lightweight. Let’s take a look.
- 0.1 WEN Model 56200i 2000 Watt Inverter Generator
- 0.2 Champion Power Equipment Model 73536i 2000 Watt
- 0.3 Honda EU1000i Inverter Generator 1000 Watts
- 0.4 Yamaha Model EF2000iSv2 Inverter Generator
- 0.5 Westinghouse Model WH2200iXLT
- 0.6 Pulsar 2,000W Portable Gas-Powered Quiet Inverter Generator
- 0.7 Homegear 800 Watt Portable Model 950i
- 0.8 Generac 6866 iQ2000 Super Quiet
- 1 Conclusion
- 2 FAQ’s
WEN Model 56200i 2000 Watt Inverter Generator
The first suggestion in our list has 2000 watts of power to support your outdoor experience. It is one of the best small generators for camping and a very clean and green generator producing very little noise.
Some pros and cons include
- It is very quiet
- It produces clean power
- Safe to use
- Recharge your cellphone or laptop
- Difficult to add oil
- Sometimes it starts leaking gas
Champion Power Equipment Model 73536i 2000 Watt
The next suggestion is easy to carry and portable generator that you can use outdoor for camping and travelling. It has the power of 2000 watt to manage your electrical and electronic equipment.
Some pros and cons include
- Easy to fit in size
- Stack same model generators together
- Very quiet
- You cant replace it after buying
- Issue with economy mode
- It automatically shuts off on low oil.
Honda EU1000i Inverter Generator 1000 Watts
If you want a super quiet generator for your outdoor activities, then Honda EU1000i is the best option for you. It is a light-powered 1000 watt generator that is good enough to support lights and charging mobile phones, etc. You cant use this small size generator to use with bigger appliances.
- Very lightweight
- Easily portable
- Very quiet
- Changing the oil isn’t easy
- Honda sells the cables for additional dollars
- Less power
Yamaha Model EF2000iSv2 Inverter Generator
If you want the power of 1600 watts for continuous load, then Yamaha Model EF2000Isv2 can provide a huge power of 2000watts as a small size generator. This generator has a lot of sales value because it is very quiet and it is easy to repair.
Some pros and cons include are
- It is relatively quiet
- Best choice for outdoor camping
- Easy to find repairs and replacement
- Its oil consumption rate goes up after usage of some months
Westinghouse Model WH2200iXLT
If you want a more powerful generator in small size for outdoor use, then the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT inverter generator is a suitable option to fill your need. This generator gives 2200 watt power with a very low sound which makes it an ideal choice for camping.
Some pros and cons of this small size generator are.
- Very quiet even at full power use
- Price is very reasonable for all the features
- It can be connected to other WH2200iXLT generators to produce more power
- Easy to find repairs
- Some units have carburettor problems
Pulsar 2,000W Portable Gas-Powered Quiet Inverter Generator
The Pulsar offers a 2,000W portable generator that also runs on gas. This is a good option as a small size generator for outdoor use. It is very easy to carry on camping trips, and it has good power to support your appliances. It is a very quiet generator that you can consider choosing for your trips.
Some pros and cons of this small generator include
- It is easy to carry
- It has good power to support electrical appliances
- It offers a 1.18 fuel tank and a carrying handle
- It is lightweight and portable
- It has 2 AC 120V outlets and 1 5V DC USB port
- Price is high
Homegear 800 Watt Portable Model 950i
You can consider a Homegear 800 Watt model 950i that gives 700 watts when continuously running. This is a light-powered and lightweight, portable generator in a small size that can be your best choice for outdoor use. It is powerful enough to light the bulbs and help you charge your phone devices. It can also be used for running small size heaters and laptops.
Some pros and cons that this generator include are
- It is a stable generator to electrical power appliances
- It includes a DC outlet plug
- Good for charging devices like cell phones and laptop computers
- Very lightweight and portable
- Easy to use
- Very low price
- It automatically shuts down on low oil
- It records a cord to be pulled to start it
- No cables to connect with other generators
Generac 6866 iQ2000 Super Quiet
The last suggestion on our list of best small size generators for outdoor use is the Generac 6866 iQ2000 Super Quiet generator. This is a compact option that is lightweight and easy to carry when you want to go camping or outdoor. The controls with this generator are very easy, and it’s not difficult to manage this generator as well. It only weighs 46 pounds.
Some pros and cons included with this generator are.
- Compact design
- Lightweight, suitable for outdoor use
- Easily portable
- Read controls on the side are included
- Power connections are limited
- Just two 120V outlets
- No USB connections
This was a discussion on the 8 best small size generators that can be used for outdoor activities and camping purpose. We shared their pros and cons and their power support for your electronic equipment. For more details, you can leave a reply in the box given below.
What size generator is best for camping?
2000 watt generator is an overall best and popular selection for camping. The size is ideal in these generators, and when you want to consider running higher power appliances, you will need high powered generators.
How loud can a generator be in a campground?
Generators shouldn’t be very loud as it is considered that generators that exceed 60 decibels sound level, which is measured on the A-weighted scale from a distance of 50 feet, should be shut off.